3 September, 2021
The Cairns Local News Super Quiz September 3, 2021
OK Pub Quiz Gurus, how many can you get right with our General Knowledge Super Quiz?
1. In what city was the TV series ‘Sex in the City’ set?
2. The cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn was what animal?
3. Stratford-Upon-Avon is the birthplace of what English literary great?
4. In the movie ‘A Fish Called Wanda’, Jamie-Lee Curtis played what character?
5. Siberia is part of which country?
6. In 1978 ‘Werewolves of London’ was a hit for which singer?
7. The 1976 Australian novel ‘The Glass Canoe’ was written by …?
8. The Australian music show ‘Bandstand’ (1958-1972) was hosted by what Australian TV great?
9. What task does a farrier perform?
10. Uncle Fester was a character from what 1960s TV show?
11. ‘Dirt Music’ is a novel written by what Miles Franklin winner?
12. The South Australian capital Adelaide is set on which river?
13. Complete the song lyric from Elvis Presley. ‘Since my baby left me….’
14. Name the English comedian featuring in 8 Out Of 10 Cats who passed away last week.
15. ‘Homicide’was an Australian TV series produced in the ‘60s and ‘07s by what production company?
16. Daniel Andrews is the premier of which Australian state?
17. Name the five Telletubbies.
18. Who was the voice of ‘Thomas the Tank Engine’ in the TV series?
19. Name the US President during the US Hostages in Iran crisis.
20. When Prime Minister Sir Robert Menzies quoted, “I did but see her passing by, and yet I love her till the day I die,” who was her referring to?
21. From what poem did Menzies take his quote?
22. Name the high profile Australian sacked in 2006 from his position as MD of Tourism Australia as a result of the failure of the “Where the bloody hell are you?” tourism campaign.
23. Name the guitar busker who has been an icon in Cairns for many years.
24. What airline recently announced direct flights from Cairns to Proserpine and Rockhampton?
25. Who is the Mayor of the Cassowary Coast?
26. Which Hollywood legend was born Marion Morrison?
27. The Australian Census is conducted every 4, 5 or 6 years?
28. What is the name of the highway between Brisbane and Sydney?
29. True or false, the Story Bridge in Brisbane when first opened was a toll bridge?
30. In what year did the Cairns City Council and the Mulgrave Shire amalgamate?
1. New York, 2. A rooster, 3. William Shakespeare, 4. Wanda Gershwitz, 5. Foggy and wintery, 6. Warren Zevon, 7. David Ireland, 8. Brian Henderson, 9. Shoes horses, 10. The Adams Family, 11. Tim Winton, 12. River Torrens, 13. I’ve found a new place to dwell, 14. Sean Locke, 15. Crawford Productions, 16. Victoria, 17. Dipsy, Tinky-Winky, Sun Baby, Laa-Laa and Po, 18. Ringo Starr, 19. Jimmy Carter, 20. Queen Elizabeth II, 21. There is a Lady Sweet and Kind by Thomas Ford, 22. Scott Morrison, 23. Ian ‘Johno’ Johnson, 24. Skytrans, 25. Cr Mark Nolan, 26. John Wayne, 27. 5 years, 28. The Pacific Highway, 29. True 1940 – 1947, 30. 1995.