1 July, 2021
Super Quiz July 2, 2021
Calling all the pub-quiz gurus. Are you up to date with general knowledge?
1. The group Destiny’s Child consisted of Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams and what other vocalist?
2. Who replaced Michael McCormack as leader of the Nationals in Federal parliament last week?
3. Who wrote the novel Goldfinger?
4. Benny Goodman is best known for playing which instrument?
5. Which Torres Strait island is home to the Meriam people? Which Torres Strait island is home to the Meriam people?
6. Who composed The Nutcracker?
7. Who portrayed Melanie in “Gone With the Wind?
8. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have given what first name to their new baby?
9. The Boomtown Rats formed in which city in 1975?
10. What nationality was the inventor of Morse code, Samuel Finley Breese Morse?
11. What was the name of Han Solo’s ship in Star Wars?
12. In Game of Thrones, who is responsible for the creation of the Night King?
13. Which nut is used in the manufacture of dynamite?
14. Who invented Coco-Cola?
15. What does the word ‘onion’ mean in Latin?
16. What is the collective noun for turkeys?
17. What is the fastest snake in the world?
18. What was the first mass produced car?
19. In what year was the first colour photograph taken, 1861, 1885, 1894, 1899?
20. What was the number of Twitter’s original character limit?
21. What was the original title of Jane Austin’s classic novel Pride and Prejudice?
22. If a person is shot with one of Cupid’s lead-tipped arrows, what emotion do they feel?
23. How many landlocked states and territories does Australia have?
24. Complete this line, ‘All thing bright and beautiful all creatures…’
25. In Australia what does RAAF stand for?
26. What does Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse have in common?
27. Which American novelist wrote The Old Man and the Sea?
28. What unusual method was used to light the Olympic Cauldron at Barcelona in 1992
29. In what year did Elvis Presley die, aged 42?
30. Does the Leaning Tower of Pisa lean: north, south, east or west?
1. Beyonce Knowles, 2. Barnaby Joyce, 3. Ian Fleming, 4. Clarinet, 5. Mer (Murray Island), 6. Pyotr Tchaikovsky, 7. Olivia de Havilland, 8. Lilibet, 9. Dublin, 10. American, 11. Millennium Falcon, 12. The Children of the Forest, 13. Peanut, 14. John Pemberton, 15. Large Pearl, 16. A rafter, 17. Black Mamba, 18. Model-T Ford, 19. 1861, 20. 140 characters, 21. First Impressions, 22. Repulsion. Golden arrows are love, lead is repulsion, 23. One ACT, 24. Great and Small, 25. Royal Australian Air Force, 26. They all died aged 27, 27. Ernest Hemmingway, 28. A flaming arrow was shot into the cauldron, 29. 1977, 30. South.