22 July, 2021
Super Quiz – Friday July 23, 2021
Ok pub-quiz gurus, how ill you go this week with the Cairns Local News Super Quiz?
1. In 2020 at the Golden Globes, two Australian celebrities blamed the Australian bushfires on climate change, name those celebrities?
2. Name the Governor General responsible for the dismissal of Gough Whitlam as Prime Minister in 1975?
3. Who won the 2020 Melbourne Cup?
4. In what year was the colony of Hobart settled?
5. What does INTERPOL stand for?
6. Who did Ash Barty defeat to win her Wimbledon Final?
7. What major river is the city of Rome built on?
8. The VW Beetle was first built in what decade?
9. Name the number one selling car of all time.
10. Name the main street of Port Douglas.
11. Name the five senses of the human body.
12. “I see dead people…” is a line from which 1999 movie?
13. Who composed the 1812 Overture?
14. In which Australian state or territory would you find Cockatoo Island?
15. What does the name Stephen mean?
16. Risdon Prison is located in which Australian city?
17. Name Risdon Prisons’ most famous inmate.
18. Who wrote the Australian Classic, For the Term of his Natural Life?
19. How many of the 12 Apostles are left standing?
20. The Abt Wilderness Railway travels between which two Tasmanian towns?
21. How tall is the Eiffel Tower?
22. Australia’s tallest waterfall, Wallaman Falls has a total drop of how many metres?
23. Where would you find the Green Hill Fort?
24. In what year did the Brisbane Broncos enter the NRL?
25. Rockhampton in Queensland is built on which river?
26. Where will the Summer Olympics of 2028 be staged?
27. What is the name of the Australian Netball Team?
28. What Australian basketballer withdrew from the Australian Olympic team last week?
29. Name the NBA team she plays with.
30. Who is the largest selling recording artist of all time?
1. Russell Crow and Cate Blanchette, 2. Sir John Kerr, 3. Twilight Payment, 4. 1803, 5. International Criminal Police Organisation, 6. Karolina Pliskova 7. The Tiber, 8. 1930s (1938), 9. The Toyota Corolla 44 million+ sales, 10. Macrossan Street, 11. Sight, sound, smell, taste and touch, 12. Sixth Sense, 13. Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, 14. NSW (Sydney Harbour), 15. Crown or Garland, 16. Hobart, 17. Martin Bryant, 18. Marcus Clarke, 19. Eight, 20. Queenstown and Strahan, 21. 324 metres, 22. 300 metres, 23. Thursday Island, 24. 1988, 25. The Fitzroy River, 26. Los Angeles, 27. The Diamonds, 28. Liz Cambage, 29. Las Vegas Aces, 30. The Beatles 257 million certified sales.