25 April, 2021
Super Quiz: Cairns Local News - Current Affairs
This week's Super Quiz. Are you up-to-date with what's going on?
|25 - 30||Genius - Go to the top of the class. You Rock|
|20 - 24||A total standout - You are on the money|
|15 - 19||Above average - Well done, you are obviously a aware of what's around you|
|10 - 14||Average - Well you do at least understand somethings|
|5 - 9||Below average - newspapers are for reading, not just looking at the pictures|
|0 - 4||Obviouslyyou rely upon Facebook for your understanding of news and a current affairs|
- Name the Australian city built on the River Tamar.
- Name the four main string instruments in an orchestra.
- What was the name of the Australian news camera man killed in a civil uprising in Bangkok?
- Which sportwear company has the slogan, ‘Just do it’.
- In a standard deck of playing cards, which king does not have a moustache?
- The Matildas is the nickname of which Australian national sporting team?
- According to the proverb, what is the mother of invention?
- How many consecutive wickets does a bowler take in a hat-trick?
- What type of fish is Nemo in the 2003 animated film, Finding Nemo?
- In the nursery rhyme, betwixt Jack Spratt and his wife what did they do?
- Arial, verdana and comic sands are types of what?
- Complete the expression: six of one and half a…
- Did Australia have a full set of polymer bank notes in 1990, 1996, or 2005?
- Peta Credlin served as chief of staff to which Prime Minister?
- What was the name of the sloop in which Bass and Flinders circumnavigated Tasmania: Norfolk, Tom Thumb, Investigator or Beagle?
- What game is traditionally played in clubs and pubs on ANZAC Day?
- A red maple leaf features on the flag of which country?
- Pyrotechnics is the making or use of what?
- What nationality was the author, Jules Verne?
- What is thanatology?
- Muhammad Ali’s final fight, in 1981, was promoted as Drama in the… what?
- The last name of which Italian-born swindler is synonymous with fake investment schemes?
- Goodbye, Farewell and Amen is the 1983 finale of which long-running TV show?
- Phil Collins fronted the band Genesis after which singer’s departure in 1975?
- In what sport did Ken Rosewell and Rod Laver excel?
- Humans are said to have how many senses?
- What animal is used by participants at a gymkhana?
- Isaac Singer was granted a patent in 1851 for which machine?
- At which Olympics did Grant Hackett win his first 1500m freestyle gold medal?
- In 1973, who had a hit with the song Daytona Demon?
ANSWERS: 1. Launceston, 2. Violin, viola, cello and double bass, 3. Neil Davis, 4. Nike, 5. King of Hearts, 6. Women’s Football, 7. Necessity, 8. Three, 9. Clownfish, 10. Lick’d the platter clean, 11. Fonts, 12. Dozen of the other, 13. 1996, 14. Tony Abbott, 15. Norfolk, 16. Two up, 17. Canada, 18. Fireworks, 19. French, 20. The scientific study of death, 21. Bahamas, 22. (Charles) PONZI, 23. M*A*S*H, 24. Peter Gabriel, 25. Tennis, 26. Five, 27. Horses, 28. Sewing machine, 29. Sydney 2000, 30. Suzie Quatro.