10 September, 2021
Cairns Local News – Super Quiz September 10, 2021
Pub quiz gurus. How’s your trivia knowledge. Can you score more than 20 right?
In what year will Halley’s Comet next be visible
2. Name the planet closest to the sun.
3. In Roman mythology, who was the messenger for the gods?
4. In what year did the Challenger Space Shuttle destruct 73 seconds after lift-off?
5. How many astronauts were on board at the time?
6. Name the three astronauts from the Apollo 11 mission to the moon in 1969.
7. Who was the first man in space?
8. In what year did America’s Skylab crash to earth over the Indian Ocean and regional WA?
9. In 1957 the Russians launched the first living thing into space, a husky/samoyed cross, what was the name of the dog?
10. Name the debut album of Australian group Skyhooks.
11. Name the Easybeats first Australian number 1 hit.
12. Name the regional Australian town home to Busby Marou.
13. In 1986 Australian singer John Farnham relaunched his career with an epic album, what was the name of the album?
14. John Schumann was lead singer of Australian group Redgum, name their iconic song released in 1983.
15. Peter Garrett ran for parliament in 1984 representing which Australian political party?
16. Australian rock group Powderfinger had three band members all attend the same school, name that school.
17. Australian rock music show Countdown, had one episode hosted by royalty, who was the host of that episode?
18. Out where the river broke, the blood and the desert oak… are the opening lines from what classic Australian song?
19. Yesterday’s Hero was a number 1 hit for Australian John Paul Young. What Scottish band released a cover version of that song with minimal success?
20. Name the Country Music artist who has won the most Golden Guitar awards.
21. Name the two animals depicted on the Australian Coat of Arms.
22. The Tropic of Capricorn runs through which Queensland town?
23. Where was Australian singer Keith Urban born?
24. Which is the largest lake in Australia?
25. In what year was Advance Australia Fair declared the National Anthem?
26. Name the first female jockey to win the Melbourne Cup?
27. Adelaide hosted its last Australian Grand Prix in what year?
28. Peter Brock was dubbed ‘King of the Mountain’ but how many Touring Car Championships did he win?
29. Name the Australian driver with the most Australian Touring Car Championships to his name.
30. Name Australia’s first Prime Minister.
1. 2062, 2. Mercury, 3. Mercury, 4. 1986, 5. 7, 6. Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, Buzz Aldrin, 7. Yuri Gagarin, 8. 1979, 9. Laika, 10. Living in the 70’s, 11. Friday on my Mind, 12. Rockhampton, 13. Whispering Jack, 14. I was only 19, 15. The Nuclear Disarmament Party, 16. Brisbane Grammar School, 17. Prince Charles, November 1977, 18. Beds are Burning, 19. Bay City Rollers, 20. Slim Dusty 38, 21. Emu and Kangaroo, 22. Rockhampton, 23. Whangarei – NZ, 24. Kati Thanda Lake Eyre 25. April 1984, 26. Michelle Payne, 27. 1995, 28. 3, 29. Jamie Whincup- 7, 30. Edmund Barton.