25 June, 2021
Cairns Local News Super Quiz
So you think you are a seasoned traveller, time to put your knowledge to the test.
1. If you were visiting the Tan Ky House in beautiful Hoi An, what country would you be in?
2. Isle of Pines is an island attached to which pacific country?
3. Is the currency in Northern Ireland, Euro or Pounds Sterling?
4. If you were visiting the tourist site called Checkpoint Charlie, you would be in which city?
5. The geothermal heated Blue Lagoon is in which European country?
6. If you were paying for your coffee using Zloty, what country would you be in?
7. The Pamplona Bull Run is held in which country?
8. Greenwich Mean Time is based upon solar time where?
9. Crocosaurus Cove and the Cage of Death can be found where?
10. The Inca Trail leading to Machu Picchu can be found in what country?
11. The Kododa Track is approximately 165km, 175km, 185km or 195km long?
12. The Eiffel Tower in Paris is 1063 feet tall and was opened in 1889, 1894, 1899, or 1904?
13. The Great Wall of China is approximately 19,120km, 20,120km, 21,120km or 22,120km long?
14. The Guggenheim Museum is located in which great city?
15. What world famous department store has the post code SW1X?
16. Name the shopping precinct in Hollywood where you would find all the designer fashion stores?
17. The Orient Express train journey traditionally is between which two cities?
18. Where will you find the Terracotta Warriors?
19. How did The Valley of the Kings derive its name?
20. Table Mountain towers over what African city?
21. Martha and the Muffins sang about Echo Beach, where is Echo Beach?
22. Monkey Mia in WA is best known for its monkeys, seals, dolphins are sharks?
23. The Birdsville Track crosses how many Australian states?
24. Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre can be found in which Australian state?
25. If you were enjoying a feast of Barilla Bay Oysters, fresh from the water, you would be where?
26. The West Coast Wilderness Railway runs between what two points?
27. Where would you need to go to kiss the Blarney Stone?
28. Is Wellington on the north or south isle of New Zealand?
29. If you were enjoying glass of Saint Clair Vicar’s Choice at the cellar door, are you in Tasmania or New Zealand?
30. If you bought a ticket from Hounslow West to Cockfosters Where are you?
1. Vietnam, 2. New Caledonia, 3. Pounds Sterling, 4. Berlin, 5. Iceland, 6. Poland, 7. Spain, 8. Greenwich, England, 9. Darwin Australia, 10. Peru, 11. 165km, 12. 1889, 13. Approximately 121,120km long, 14. New York, 15. Harrods of London, 16. Rodeo Drive, 17. London to Venice, 18. Xi’an China, 19. It is the burial site for most of the Egyptian Pharaohs., 20. Cape Town, 21. Echo Beach as sung about does not actually exist, however there is an Echo Beach in Bali, 22. Dolphins, 23. Two, Queensland and South Australia, 24. South Australia, 25. Cambridge, Tasmania, 26. Queenstown and Strahan in Tasmania, 27. Blarney Castle in Ireland, 28. North Isle, 29. New Zealand, 30. On the Piccadilly Line on the London Underground.