21 October, 2020
Applications Now Open For AUTHENTIC Film Projects From FNQ
Screen Queensland together with Screenworks are delivering a short film initiative for Far North Queensland film makers in partnership with the ABC.
The AUTHENTIC program will support Far North Queensland Filmmakers to profile local personalities in short documentaries for ABC Online exhibition.
- Authentic will provide funded opportunities for three filmmaking teams living in Far North Queensland and its surrounding region to create a short documentary film about a significant and distinctive character/s from their region.
- The films will shine a spotlight on the accidental heroes, bighearted characters and colourful legends that only a region as unique and diverse as FNQ could cultivate.
- Each selected filmmaker will be provided with a grant of $4,000 and will work closely with an appointed local ABC Producer to develop their idea before filming and exhibition on ABC online platforms.
- At least one of the three opportunities will be provided to an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander filmmaker and their team.
What is Screenworks looking for?
Screenworks are seeking proposals for short documentary profiles that are under 5 minutes in length and tell the story of a local and unique personality or group of people close to your heart. The ideal subjects will make compelling and novel screen content.
An individual can submit or be attached to multiple applications; however, Screenworks recommend that you always put your most competitive projects forward.
Who are they looking for?
Authentic applicants will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, aged 18 or over.
- Demonstrate that you have been living in Far North Queensland or the surrounding region for a minimum period of 6 months prior to submitting your application.
- Have at least one short-form credit (i.e. music videos, television commercials, short films, online content or corporate films commissioned and paid for by a third party).
- Have an active ABN and be able to provide certificates of currency for public liability insurance (min. $10 million) and WorkCover Queensland policy.
- Be available to produce your film to these broad and key deadlines (subject to change)
- Early February 2021 – Shooting script delivery.
- March 2021 – Shoot period
- Early April – Rough cut delivery
- End May – Final Delivery