3 August, 2022
Council invests in footpath renewal
Council will invest $1.4 million over the next year to improve and renew footpaths across the city.
The 2022/23 Footpath Renewal Program involves the renewal of footpaths reaching the end of their useful life.
More than 590 kilometres of footpaths are managed by Council, with those sites requiring renewal identified via regular inspection programs and through customer service requests.
The list of proposed sites for footpath renewal includes:
• 108-114 Hoare St, Manunda
• Partial repair of Lily Creek footpath between James St and Greenslopes St, Manunda
• 82-84 Anderson Rd, Manunda
• 39 Stratford Parade, Stratford
• Bruce Highway to Trafalgar Rd, Mount Sheridan Treetop Dr, Mount Sheridan, from Forest Gardens Boulevard to Sawpit Gully
• Captain Cook Highway, from the underpass to Trinity Beach Rd, Trinity Beach
• 302-308 Pease St, Edge Hill
• Babinda State School, from Pollard Rd to the school driveway on Boulders Rd
• 34-38 Munro St, Babinda
• Bollard St, Portsmith, from the corner of Bollard St and Kenny St
• 147 Bunda St, Portsmith
• 157 Spence St, Portsmith
• Rhonda St, Yorkeys Knob, from Varley St to Clinton St
• 464 Varley St, Yorkeys Knob
• Ainscow Dr, Bentley Park, from 45 Ainscow Drive to Wegert Park (along Ainscow Creek)
• Trinity Beach Rd, Trinity Beach, from 153 Trinity Beach Rd to Madang St
• Madang Street, Trinity Beach, from Trinity Beach Rd to Wewak St
• Michelia St, Palm Cove, from Seascape Cl to the end of the street
• Tilse Cl, Edmonton, between 1 and 2 Tilse Cl
The 2022/23 Footpath Renewal Program includes $500,000 of funding under the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure (LRIC) Program and $320,000 from the Works for Queensland Grant (Round 4).