3 May, 2021
Cassowary Coast Council supports local community groups
CASSOWARY Coast Regional Council has supported local community groups with $27,000 in Community grants.
Council’s Annual Community Assistance Grant Scheme is designed to provide ‘one off’ grants of $3,000, to assist community organisations or individuals to undertake projects that benefit the Cassowary Coast region in a variety of areas, Councillor Trudy Tschui said.
“The injection of these grants to the successful organisations will help fund important events and much needed upgrades for local groups.
“Successful groups include Hinchinbrook Regional Arts who will put their funding towards hosting a 20 year exhibition and historical display in Cardwell, the Innisfail Mini Rail for funds towards replacement of track sleepers on the mini rail track and the Tully Motorcycle Club who will utilise the funding towards a track upgrade.
“The grants will provide tangible benefits to a diverse group of organisations”, Cr Tschui said.
Malcolm Davison, Club Captain of Mission Beach Surf Life Saving Club said the Mission Beach SLSC would like to thank Cassowary Coast Regional Council for awarding the club with much needed funds to ensure they can continue to keep our beaches safe for everyone to enjoy.
The recipients of the Community Assistance Annual Grant Scheme are:
● Silkwood Clay Target Club Inc- Facility upgrade of clubhouse roller door
● Hinchinbrook Regional
Arts Assoc Inc- Cardwell Gallery 20 years exhibition and
● Tully Horse Performance Centre Inc- Facility upgrade of arena sand top dress
● Cardwell UFO Festival Inc- Cardwell Community News cadet mentorship project
● Mission Beach Surf Life Saving Club Inc- Facility upgrade of roofing with gutter guard
● Innisfail and District Men’s Shed Inc- Facility upgrade of boundary fencing
● Innisfail Mini Rail Inc - Replacement of 700 Mini Rail track sleepers
● Innisfail United Football Club Inc- Upgrade of toilets at Castor Park Steve Corica Oval
●Tully Motocycle Club Inc- Track upgrade.